Stretch goal: bug catching UNLOCKED!
4 months ago
– Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:49:44 PM
Another goal reached!!! We've unlocked Bug Catching! Thank you all for the support.
In Bug Catching, you will be able to catch colorful bugs around the island and document them.There are more than 30 kinds of bugs in Coral Island, from Firefly, Leaf Beetle to Blue Morpho butterfly. Pop your net in your backpack and get ready to catch some bugs!
So, what’s next?
At 200k, an extension to the Museum where you can donate your catch will be added. You’ve done the hard work of catching these bugs, so why not display them for the town to admire? There will also be an aquarium for fish too! Let's go, farmers!
Stairway Bug Collectors.
Coral Island is offically funded!
5 months ago
– Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 04:56:40 AM
Coral Island has reached its funding goal in less than 2 days! From everyone at Stairway, thank you so much for the support. You’ve helped us bring this project to life.
Now that things are official, all of you will be able to get involved and help us shape the game in the months to come. We’re excited to hear about your ideas, suggestions, and feedback.
One more thing...
With the funding goal met, we’re finally able to share with you all the stretch goals we’ve planned for Coral Island. There’s so much more we’d like to add to the game, and we’re excited for you to check out what we have in mind!
Stretch goal: minigames UNLOCKED!
5 months ago
– Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 04:56:27 AM
We just hit our first stretch goal of 125k! We’re so grateful for the amazing support. Now, let’s dive into the Minigames!
Here are several of the minigames that we are adding for the full-release:
Available all year round, on the world map:
- Mini-golf; Head to Pufferfish Corp. office and receive a token for 20c. Take a swing, get 3 strikes, and beat the high score! PS: Suki is the current Coral Island’s mini-golf champ.
- High stake darts at the tavern, challenge yourself and collect as many bullseyes as other Farmers. Do you dare?
- An arcade game made exclusively by our in-house designer; it involves surviving an attack masterminded by giant forks. “Donut Survival by M.B.”
- Dungeon cart-race; ride the questionably old cart inside the cavern. Get in and see how far it will take you. Watch for the turbulence ahead!
- Home console; find the elusive home console and collect all of its game cartridges.
Featured in a festival:
- Pet race!
- Color-throw for a festival; let loose and test your aim. Grab colorful ammo and stain as many islanders as possible.
We are open to more ideas! Leave a comment to let us know what minigames might be cool to have. We will add at least 2 additional minigame ideas from the community.
So, what’s next?
Our next goal is at 175k for Bug Catching. You will be able to catch colorful bugs around the island and document them.
Thank you for reading!